Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Add 350 g butter, cut in small pieces.
- 3 min.Then 500 g flour.
- Switch on the food processor to knead.
- 3 min.Stop food processor as soon as dough is just mixed, 3 minutes maximum, and if necessary finish mixing with your hands.
Shortcrust pastry should be worked as little as possible, and it doesn't matter if there are still a few pieces of butter in the dough.
- 5 min.Cut dough into pieces of about 300g.
- 5 min.Make balls, then thick circles, and wrap them in plastic film.
Contrary to a very common idea, you should not keep the pastry in a ball, because it becomes hard, and then it's difficult to roll out.
- 5 min.Write on weight and date and store in the fridge until use, at least overnight if possible.
You can also freeze this dough easily.
Remarks:If you freeze it, let it thaw slowly overnight in the fridge.
If you make this dough for a savoury tart, omit the sugar.
Recipes which use it: 7Of which:
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pesto crackers, Franche-Comté sticks, Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits, Tomato tatin, Tomato foccacia, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Turban of sole with langoustines, Gratin Dauphinois, Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), How to prepare spinach, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to cook hard-boiled eggs properly , Fried eggs with tomatoes, Salmon and spinach quiche, Oatmeal cake, Flamiche, ... [All]