Step by step recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Take 5 eggs, separate yolks from whites,
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Beat until mixture becomes pale.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.And fold it in with a spatula. Stop mixing as soon as flour is totally incorporated.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- Stop as soon as blended, no matter if some traces of white are still visible.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Sprinkle a little icing sugar on top.
- 15 min.Put in the oven straight away and cook for about 15 minutes. Watch colour towards end of cooking time.
Remarks:The small history said that those biscuits was created in the 18th century by the famous chef Antonin Carème, at this time chef of Prince of Talleyrand. The prince love to dip a biscuit in his glass of Porto wine every evening, so Carème make this long biscuits for him (I love those pretty stories).
According to Mado, in Quebec these biscuits are called "Doigts de dames" (ladies' fingers), which is rather more poetic.
Recipes which use it: 6, of which:
Source:From Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits, Apple Tatin Terrine, Profiteroles, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Gâteau Basque , ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit civet "à la normande", Checkerboard biscuits, Cornmeal baps for Anne, Caribbean upside-down cake, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Nantes Tourton, Yvetot Douillons, Plain cake, Mulled wine Belle-Plagne style, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton galettes (pancakes), French toast "cordon bleu", Arlesian Biscuits, Little lemon biscuits, Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]