Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Prepare 700 g cauliflower.
- 5 min.Cook in plenty of boiling salted water just until barely tender.
- 10 min.Prepare 500 g purple artichoke.
- 5 min.Boil in salted water and, like the cauliflower, only until barely done.
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter a gratin dish.
- 2 min.Arrange a layer of cauliflower in the bottom, then a layer of artichoke.
Salt and pepper lightly.
- 2 min.Pour half the bechamel sauce over.
- 2 min.Then add the rest of the cauliflower and pour the remaining bechamel over.
- 3 min.Top with 250 g mozzarella in thin slices.
Lightly salt and pepper once more.
- 35 min.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes...
- ...until the top is nicely browned.
Remarks:If you don't have any purple artichokes, use a normal artichoke sliced into rounds.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thaï rice with small vegetables, Crunchy Cauliflower Salad with Lemon, Country vegetable soup, Crunchy spring salad, How to prepare cauliflower, ... [All]
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Poivrade Artichoke Salad, Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Moussaka, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Endives , Bolognaise lasagne, Ham "friand" pie, ... [All]
- Mozzarella: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pan-fried chicken breast on mozzarella, Grilled cheese, ... [All]