Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 min.
- 7 min.Add the minced beef and cook, stirring from time to time.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, add the courgettes and cook for 5 minutes, then salt and pepper.
- 4 min.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Begin assembling the gratin: use a buttered gratin dish and spread the sautéed courgettes in the bottom.
- 3 min.Cover with a layer of minced beef.
- 3 min.Cover with a layer of bechamel.
- 3 min.Then add the tomatoes.
- 3 min.Then a final layer of meat.
- 3 min.Finish with another layer of bechamel and the grated cheese.
- 20 min.Cook in the oven until the top is nicely browned.
Remarks:For the cheese topping, I prefer Comté, but use whatever you like. Of course, Parmesan would be more Italian.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Minced beef: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hamburgers, Express chilli con carne, Spaghetti Bolognese, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Moussaka, ... [All]
- Courgette: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kérinou slices, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, Vegetable tartare, Sautéed green vegetables, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin slices with spinach, Ham "friand" pie, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Croque-monsieur, Endives , ... [All]