Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Open two avocados, remove the stones, and with a tablespoon, extract all pulp and put it in the blender, cutted in pieces to facilitate mixing.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Start the mixer and add the olive oil in a thin stream to emulsify the whole.
- 1 hourMix to a lovely smooth consistency, which will only take a couple of minutes. Stop the blender, taste and adjust salt, Tabasco and pepper if needed.
Refrigerate at least an hour, covered, because blending will have warmed the mixture somewhat.
1st version (without tomato):
It's ready: you can serve it with Mexican nachos, small toasts, or use it in another recipe like 4-tier glasses for example.
- 2nd version (with tomatos) :
Peel tomato and dice small, add these to the guacamole, and use as in the first version.
Remarks:The proportions of oil, Tabasco and pepper are just suggestions, do not hesitate to adapt them to your taste.
The shallot must really be very finely chopped or minced, if not, it leaves an unpleasant bitty texture. It's easier to chop it separately before putting it in the blender and transforming it into a kind of paste which then mixes better.
If the guacamole must wait before being served, it is vital to put it in the refrigerator with an film of olive oil on the surface, and in an airtight container. If not, it will darken which is unsightly. Just before serving, stir it to incorporate the olive oil and arrange in small dishes.
You can throw away the stones, the legend which reckons that if you leave the stone in the mixture it does not blacken is... a legend. It's much better to add a pinch of vitamin C. It can be served as an appetiser, accompanied by a Margarita or mexican beer... makes a change from peanuts!
Recipes which use it: 1
And to drink?A margarita or a Corona beer
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Chicken with rice and leeks, Tomato sauce for pizzas, Quick prawn curry, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]
- Avocado: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green avocado salad, Avocado with Tuna, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Mexican ceviche, Avocado with Sautéed Prawns , ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with fondue of leeks, Roquefort sauce, Spinach Omelette, Langoustine and leek tarts, "Oeufs rabattus" with leeks, ... [All]
- Tabasco: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Mexican ceviche, Green avocado salad, Sushi, Cocktail sauce, Express chilli con carne, ... [All]