Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 4 min.Cut the hard stalk end out of 1 kg tomatoes.
- 8 min.
- 3 min.Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the tomato slices and sauté rapidly for just 30 seconds on each side.
Sauté all the tomatoes in batches, then set aside.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Once the feuilletage has cooled, spread thinly with an even layer of pesto (a palette-knife is the best tool for this).
- 4 min.Arrange the tomato slices evenly on top.
- 2 min.Top with a little grated Parmesan.
- 10 min.Bake for 10 minutes, more to heat through than cook properly.
Serve warm or cold.