Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 4 min.Cut the hard stalk end out of 1 kg tomatoes.
- 8 min.
- 3 min.Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the tomato slices and sauté rapidly for just 30 seconds on each side.
Sauté all the tomatoes in batches, then set aside.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Once the feuilletage has cooled, spread thinly with an even layer of pesto (a palette-knife is the best tool for this).
- 4 min.Arrange the tomato slices evenly on top.
- 2 min.Top with a little grated Parmesan.
- 10 min.Bake for 10 minutes, more to heat through than cook properly.
Serve warm or cold.
Remarks:Just before servimg, you can drizzle a little herb olive oil over the top, if you wish.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato tart, Moussaka, Mixed salad, Minestrone, Tomato tatin, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Pecan fruit rolls , Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Leek and fresh tuna tart, Crusty cockle tart, ... [All]
- Pesto: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Fried egg in bread, Olive and pesto bread, Italian toast, Pesto crackers, ... [All]