Step by step recipe:
- 1 hour 9 min.Prepare spinach, as indicated here, keeping the leaves as large as possible.
- 10 min.Cut 4 fillets fish in pieces of about 1.5 cm or ½ inch square.
It's easier to use rather thin fish fillets, instead of thick like whiting or cod.
- 5 min.With a brush, coat each piece with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 5 min.Sprinkle each piece with lemon juice .
- Turn pieces over, and do the same on the other side.
- 2 min.Put a spinach leaf in front of you, and put a fish piece in the middle.
- 2 min.Fold the leaf around the fish to wrap it.
- 1 min.Turn the parcel over, and put aside on a plate.
- If the fish piece is a bit long, you can also roll it up in the leaf.
- Then fold in the edges.
- 40 min.Continue in this way with all the fish pieces.
These can be made beforehand, even the day before, but the parcels should be kept refrigerated, under plastic film.
- 4 min.Prepare the sauce of your choice.
Heat serving plates.
Melt the knob of butter in a frying pan, then put in the parcels, with the top side downwards in the butter. Cook like that for 2 minutes, covered, then for two further minutes on the other side, uncovered.
- 5 min.Divide the parcels between the serving plates, add sauce and serve immediately.
Remarks:The only real difficulty in this recipe is to get enough big spinach leaves to roll up the fish pieces. Get the biggest you can when buying them.
For a diet recipe, serve the parcels just sprinkled with a little lemon juice, or a dash of olive oil. No beurre blanc...