Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 7 min.Steam the leeks until just tender.
- 4 min.Pour 3 tablespoons oil into a large frying pan on high heat, then arrange the potato slices in an even layer.
Salt and leave to fry.
- 4 min.Turn the potatoes over and fry the other side.
- 1 min.Spread the leeks over the potatoes then lightly salt and pepper.
- 2 min.Top with 100 g cheese, sliced thinly or grated, then put a lid on the pan...
- 3 min....and leave the cheese to melt.
- 3 min.Right at the end, fold the potato galette in half (this just looks more attractive) and cut into portions.
Remarks:For the cheese, use one with a soft paste for preference: Camembert (shown in the photos) or Mont d'Or, Saint-Nectaire, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur gourmand, Potatoes with smoked salmon, Warm salad of potatoes and purple artichokes, Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or, Winemaker's toast, ... [All]
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, Kérinou slices, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Filo leeks and cheese tart, Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), ... [All]
- Leek: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken with rice and leeks, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Croque-monsieur gourmand, How to prepare leeks, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ali Baba bread, Sesame fried scampi, Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Beef Wellington, Rémoulade dressing, ... [All]