Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 1 min.
- 15 min.Put thoroughly drained and dried endives in the frying pan, sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon, and cook on each side until lightly browned.
Remove from heat.
- 1 min.Lay out half a slice of ham, about the size of an endive...
- 2 min.... and roll endive up in it.
- 10 min.Do this for all the 8 endives (head of chicory), and arrange them in a dish.
Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C).
- 5 min.Pour in bechamel sauce according to taste, and grate some cheese on top.
- 25 min.Put in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Don't hesitate to finish briefly under the grill to brown the top well.
Remarks:Don't put too much cheese on top, otherwise the dish will be too fatty.
You can use any kind of ham you wish, personally I prefer smoked.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Moussaka, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Bolognaise lasagne, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Moussaka, Vegetable clafoutis, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: How to prepare endives , Endive and walnut salad, Flamiche, Endives "bonne femme", Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or, ... [All]
- Ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Croque-monsieur, Potted meat (rillettes), Mozzarella pasta bake, French toast "cordon bleu", Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), ... [All]