Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Line the mould or tin with pastry, prick base all over, then keep in the fridge.
- 40 min.Peel 4 potatoes, wash and cook them in salted water, until they are just tender.
- 5 min.Allow to cool then cut into fairly thick slices.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add sliced shallot, salt and pepper and cook for a minute or two.
Add leek, salt and pepper, and cook a few minutes without letting it colour.
- 5 min.If you wish to add 125 g small pieces of bacon, cook in a frying pan without fat and add, at the last minute, a tablespoon of vinegar.
- 3 min.Cut 250 g Maroilles cheese into thick slices, including crust.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Preheat your oven to 410°F (210°C).
Put a layer of leek into the pastry case.
- 3 min.A layer of bacon (optional).
- 3 min.Cover with a layer of potato slices.
- 2 min.Pour in the mixture.
- 3 min.Arrange cheese on top.
- 40 min.And put in bottom of oven for around 30-40 minutes.The tart is ready when it is nice and golden brown.
Serve to your guests, warm if possible, with a green salad.
Remarks:If you don't have Maroilles cheese, you can use other ones instead. I advise you to go for a rather soft strong cheese like Reblochon, Munster, Morbier, etc.
You can also replace puff pastry by shortcrust.
And to drink?A good beer, possibly from the northen France, a jenlain for example.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Maroilles cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin du Nord, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Crusty cockle tart, Involtinis, Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood sauerkraut, Home-made potato crisps , Pan-fried potatoes, Tartiflette, Sarladaise potatoes, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lebanese Tabbouleh, Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Beef braised in reduced red wine, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., ... [All]
- 3 min.