Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 1 cucumber, dice small, put in a strainer over a bowl and sprinkle with.
We do that to remove the excess water from the cucumber.
- 10 min.
- 10 min.
- 10 min.Wash and drain 1 lettuce.
Take a handful of leaves, roll and slice thinly. Do this with the whole lettuce to produce fine ribbons.
- 10 min.Peel 1 avocado, cut each half in small dice.
- 2 min.Put diced avocado on mushrooms, add ½ lime juice and mix well.
- 5 min.Chopp finely 1 spring onion (scallion) and 1 bunch chives.
- 2 min.Put everything in a salad bowl: lettuce, chives, onion, mushrooms, avocado, cucumber and tomatoes.
- 1 min.Add French dressing to taste, mix well.
Remarks:Mixed salad can be varied infinite ways: you can add, remove, or change anything you like. Follow your imagination, or what you have in the fridge. The basic principle is this: mix fresh ingredients cut small with herbs and French dressing.
From there on, anything goes. Some suggestions: small cubes of cheese (feta, gruyère, cheddar), bacon or ham, cooked potatoes, etc.
Same thing for French dressing, you can use the classic one, or change the oil (sesame, walnut, ...), vinegar (balsamic, cider, maple, lime juice...), or add other tasty things: teaspoon of soya sauce, dash of Tabasco,... Even all of these!
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Kérinou slices, Spaghetti with mushrooms, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm chicken salad, Warm autumn salad, Cubed salad, Chickpea salad, Herb salad, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Chicken and Avocado Salad, Tomato and courgette tart, Bread with Tomato , ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Crunchy spring salad, Baked salmon fillet, Lebanese Tabbouleh, Green avocado salad, ... [All]