Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 30 min.Prepare ½ green cabbage, raw.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Wash and mince finely 1 shallot.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add all vegetables and stir carefully, to well mix buttered shallot.
Note that is the secret of tasty soups, this mix will give them more taste and flavor than a simple water+vegetables soup.
- 2 min.Add enough water to cover all, plus about 1 inch high.
- 25 min.Make cook for about 25 minutes, covered, until vegetables are cooked and soft.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Serve if possible with some parsley, pepper on the table, and for the most greedy people around the table, some crème fraiche and butter.
Remarks:If you don't have these particular vegetables, use whatever you have. Try at least to include a chopped shallot.
Don't hesitate to make a lot at once, as soup keeps well in the fridge or freezer.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pavlova, Quail egg canapés, Toasted almond cake, French onion soup, French-style peas, ... [All]
- Carrot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Chicken nems, Stock-pot fish , ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Vegetable pie, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Alsatian-style salad, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Creamy risotto with vegetables , Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Stock-pot fish , ... [All]