Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 30 min.Prepare ½ green cabbage, raw.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Wash and mince finely 1 shallot.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add all vegetables and stir carefully, to well mix buttered shallot.
Note that is the secret of tasty soups, this mix will give them more taste and flavor than a simple water+vegetables soup.
- 2 min.Add enough water to cover all, plus about 1 inch high.
- 25 min.Make cook for about 25 minutes, covered, until vegetables are cooked and soft.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Serve if possible with some parsley, pepper on the table, and for the most greedy people around the table, some crème fraiche and butter.
Remarks:If you don't have these particular vegetables, use whatever you have. Try at least to include a chopped shallot.
Don't hesitate to make a lot at once, as soup keeps well in the fridge or freezer.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Kouign-amann brioche, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Saltimbocca, ... [All]
- Carrot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Minestrone, How to slow cook meat, Eggs with mayonnaise, Vegetable stock, Tahitian style fish, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crème de foie gras, Grated potato cakes, Vegetable pie, Morteau sausage, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, ... [All]