Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Cut the leaves off the 5 turnips .
- 5 min.Wash leaves well in warm water.
- 5 min.Peel turnips.
- 10 min.Cut into small sticks, then into small cubes.
- 2 min.Boil a pan of water and add 1 chicken stock cube.
As soon as it comes back to the boil, add turnip cubes, and cook for a minute or two. Turnips should remain a bit crunchy.
- 2 min.Once cooked, cool in very cold water, drain and dry them.
Don't throw the water away, boil it again.
- 5 min.Rinse and drain leaves, trim stems to keep only nice leaves.
- 1 min.Plunge leaves into boiling water for one minute, stir then remove, and cool them in very cold water.
Drain and dry leaves on absorbant paper.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Remove and discard garlic cloves, then add turnip leaves.
Cook one or two minutes, stirring continously.
- 5 min.Add 100 ml liquid cream, over a low heat and allow to thicken slowly uncovered.
- 1 min.Pour in a blender and add pepper.
- 3 min.And blend until you get a lovely green cream.
Taste to check seasoning.
- 5 min.Reheat diced turnip and ramekins (in microwaves oven for example) and put a layer of diced turnip in each ramekin.
- 5 min.Pour on some leaf cream while hot, and decorate with two slices of radish on top. Serve immediately.
Remarks:If you have turnips with nice leaves, don't keep them too long because the leaves droop quickly .
If you don't have turnips with leaves, you can use spinach instead..
[translator's note: turnip (navet in French) is the French term for a complete flop, e.g. a really bad film. The name is a joke!].
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vanilla ice cream, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Broccoli savoury custard, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Pain perdu, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato and broccoli gratin, Checkerboard biscuits, Baked apples from St Aubin le Vertueux, Burger buns, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Stock-pot fish , Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Chorba, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, ... [All]