Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Sautéed Green Vegetables, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Croque-monsieur gourmand, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , Crème de foie gras, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thaï rice with small vegetables, Chicken and mushroom pie, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Breton leek and mushroom tart, Crispy prawn rolls, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sarladaise potatoes, Chicken with rice and leeks, Röstis, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]