Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Potato and broccoli gratin, Broccoli savoury custard, How to prepare broccoli, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Crème de foie gras, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), Kérinou slices, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy prawn rolls, Spicy seafood plancha, Marinated tuna with herbs, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Sorrel soup, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Red rice pannequets, ... [All]