Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), prick all over and line a high-sided pie tin or mould (e.g. spring-form).
Leave about 1 cm (1/2 inch) overlapping the edge.
Put to wait in the fridge.
- 5 min.Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), prick all over and put to wait in the fridge.
- 5 min.Cook 300 g cooked chicken (if not already cooked) and dice.
- 7 min.
- 2 min.
- 7 min.Prepare 400 g mushrooms, peel and dice.
Using the same frying pan and 2 tablespoons olive oil, fry the mushrooms.
- 15 min.
- 15 min.To finish, add the parsley and mix well.
Leave to cool.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
Tip the filling into the pie case. Do not press down.
- 2 min.Brush around the overhanging edge of pastry with beaten egg yolk.
- 2 min.Place the pastry "lid" on top and press down the edge to seal.
- 3 min.Trim off the excess pastry with scissors.
- 2 min.Finish by glazing the top of the pie with beaten egg yolk.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes.
Remarks:It is important to choose the right sort of mushrooms for this recipe. Try not to use the classic button mushrooms which give off a lot of water. If possible, use drier types like oyster mushrooms or shiitake.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Chicken pie, "Land and sea" kebabs, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, ... [All]
- Cooked chicken : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Chicken with rice and leeks, Duck Parmentier, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tart Tatin, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Tomato and courgette tart, Millefeuille, Caramelised apple pie, ... [All]