Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.Prepare 1 cauliflower, then put the florets in a large pan and cover with water by 2 cm (1").
Salt, add 1 chicken stock cube and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- 3 min.After 2 or 3 minutes boiling, remove about ¼ of the cauliflower. Check that it's cooked but still firm and set aside.
- 10 min.Coninue cooking the rest a further 3 or 4 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, then remove from heat and blend thoroughly.
- 3 min.Mix 3 tablespoons cornflour with 3 tablespoons water, then pour this into the pan, whisking until it thickens (a few seconds).
- 2 min.Put back on low heat, then add 125 ml cream and 1 knob butter. Whisk one last time to mix well.
- 3 min.Finish by adding the cauliflower removed earlier. Stir gently to mix...
- ...your Du Barry soup is ready.
- This excellent soup is named after the Comtesse du Barry, the last mistress of King Louis XV of France, and dates from a time when new dishes were often associated with a famous person.