Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 3 min.After 2 or 3 minutes boiling, remove about ¼ of the cauliflower. Check that it's cooked but still firm and set aside.
- 10 min.Coninue cooking the rest a further 3 or 4 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, then remove from heat and blend thoroughly.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Finish by adding the cauliflower removed earlier. Stir gently to mix...
- ...your Du Barry soup is ready.
- This excellent soup is named after the Comtesse du Barry, the last mistress of King Louis XV of France, and dates from a time when new dishes were often associated with a famous person.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate muffins, Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Tartiflette, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Scallops with fondue of leeks, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Upside-down Parmentier, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Mushroom velouté, Pear and lime meringue pie, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable stock, Confit of carrots with bacon, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Citrus crunch, Chocolate eclairs, ... [All]