Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 3 min.After 2 or 3 minutes boiling, remove about ¼ of the cauliflower. Check that it's cooked but still firm and set aside.
- 10 min.Coninue cooking the rest a further 3 or 4 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, then remove from heat and blend thoroughly.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Finish by adding the cauliflower removed earlier. Stir gently to mix...
- ...your Du Barry soup is ready.
- This excellent soup is named after the Comtesse du Barry, the last mistress of King Louis XV of France, and dates from a time when new dishes were often associated with a famous person.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate ganache, Chocolate cream, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Two-stage beef chuck , Apple confectioner's custard, Gâteau Basque , Pear and lime meringue pie, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare endives , Langoustine sabayon tart, Sausage and lentils "en cocotte", How to heat milk without it catching on the bottom of the pan, Toffee apple upside-down cake, ... [All]
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cauliflower curry, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Crunchy spring salad, Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, Cauliflower tabouleh, ... [All]