Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.Cut 250 g dried apricots into medium-sized chunks.
- 10 min.Dry roast 200 g pistachios for 10 minutes in the oven at 300°F (150°C).
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Add the apricots and pistachios.
- Knead for a few more minutes to mix well.
Cover the dough with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, tip the dough onto a floured worktop and weigh the dough out into 50 g lumps.
- After this time, remove the dough from the fridge and reshape the balls, then put them into small brioche moulds or tins.
- Glaze the tops of the brioches.
- Leave the brioches in a warm place for 2 hours to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Glaze the tops of the brioches again before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Remarks:If these brioches are for adults, you can soak the cut apricots in a little rum or brandy.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche Tatin, Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, 3-fruit brioche loaf, Chinois, Sausage in brioche, ... [All]
- Dried apricots: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Frozen Nougat, 3-fruit brioche loaf, Pecan fruit rolls , Chocolate cereal bars, Moist cereal bars, ... [All]
- Pistachios: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Moist cereal bars, Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Nougat, Chocolate cereal bars, ... [All]
- Pistachio powder or paste: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Pistachio madeleines, Pistachio cream, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Pistachio panna cotta with custard, ... [All]