Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 400 g button or field mushrooms, slice thinly and sprinkle with lemon juice, then set aside.
- 15 min.
- 10 min.Prepare 700 g veal: remove veins and trim off any skin, keeping only the best of the meat. Cut into small pieces.
- 10 min.Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan on medium heat, and when hot, add meat, salt and pepper.
Fry stirring frequently, and remove meat from pan as soon as browned.
- 3 min.Leave pan on the heat and pour in 200 ml dry white wine. Scrape bottom of pan well to deglaze.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Add meat.
- 1 hour 30 min.Add just enough water to cover meat.
Cover and leave to cook over low heat at least an hour and a half.
- 5 min.After this time, pour the contents of the pan through a strainer, and collect the cooking juices in another pan. Put this on medium heat. Discard bouquet garni and garlic.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.When the cooking juices come to the boil, pour in the mixture and beat briskly. You will see the sauce thicken.
- 2 min.Put back the meat, stir well, check seasoning and leave on low heat.
- 1 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a pan on high heat, and when really hot add the teaspoonful of shallot kept back, salt and pepper.
Cook one minute...
- 2 min....then add mushrooms, cook briefly stirring constantly. Stop cooking as soon as they begin to release liquid...
- 1 min....and tip into the blanquette.
The blanquette can be kept on low heat for a long time without any problem.
- Serve with pilau rice for example, or boiled (or steamed) potatoes.